Whether you’re looking at life insurance, income protection, TPD or trauma insurance, there is a range of questions you could ask yourself to help determine the level of cover you might need, including:
- How much money would you or your family need to pay off your loans or unpaid debts?
- How would immediate expenses be covered—medical or funeral bills if you passed away?
- Do you have savings, an emergency fund, assets, investments or super that could help?
- Do you have paid leave entitlements if you were injured or became ill?
- Might you be eligible for government benefits or workers’ compensation?
- How would you cover the cost of treatment and rehabilitation if it were required?
- Would you need to make any modifications to where you live if you were less mobile